Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Help finding a thalassophobia-related drawing?


Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit to post this, so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong.Moving on to my actual post, I'm looking for a drawing/illustration that I saw a while back. It starts off as a normal ocean-depth chart, with things like the average depth a submarine can go, a dolphin's diving depth, the end of the the sunlight zone, etc. However, as you go farther and farther down, the drawing gets bluer, darker, and scarier. It includes things like anglerfish, giant squids, and oarfish. But as you go even deeper, and the ocean gets entirely black, the real fun starts. Unrealistic monsters start appearing, growing larger and larger. I think the drawing ends with the entire bottom of the image being filled up by a gigantic toothed maw rising upward to swallow all hope and leave only death and despair....whew! I got a little poetic there, sorry. Does anyone know if they've seen this image before, or if they can find it again? I feel that it would be an extremely useful tool in communicating to people the reasons that I'm afraid of deep, dark water, especially in the ocean.Thanks in advance, and sorry again if I'm posting to the wrong subreddit!

No comments:

Post a Comment