Monday, March 21, 2016

I'd like to share with you the moment I got this phobia.


I was about 10 years old and went with my parents on vacation in Borneo, Indonesia. My dad and I wanted to experience the nature so we took a guide into the jungle and spent a few days in primitive wooden huts eating what we could catch, it was an amazing experience.On the second day the guide took us to this little creek. It was very shallow water, maybe a foot deep or so but very murky. Below that foot of water there was about 1,5 feet of mud that you would just sink through with your legs.At the time I was a very small kid so I was standing just about waist deep in this water feeling just dandy. The guide was explaining something and said: "besides various species of fish there are also crabs here."Without even looking he stuck his hand in the water and pulled out this massive crab. Fearing for my penises life I noped the fuck out of that creek and sat on the edge terrified. Since then dark waters have never been the same for me.So /r/thalassophobia, what spawned your fear? Was it something that happened to you or was it something that has just always been with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment