Friday, February 19, 2016

Thalassophobia has been my number one fear since childhood and when I found this sub i thought it would ease it a bit. But after seeing everything here I think I can't even jump off a lake dock anymore?


Got my fear as a child when i was retrieving a floater in the beach that strayed too far and just before the water was up to my chin, I slipped under where the floor had a quick drop. I never learned how to swim so this was panick material already. But when I sank just below my head, my feet sank into a thick patch of slimy seaweed, and being the crazy child imagination machine I was, I immediately imagined stepping on some weird sea creature's back. Is an experience like this how some of you triggered this phobia? Does this sub make it easier for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment