Friday, February 5, 2016

Do I have Thalassophobia?


If this is not an appropriate post then feel free to let me know so I can remove but I just discovered Thalassophobia and think I have it and wanted to share my story and confirm if I do.For most of my life I lived in a small town with a small beach and we would swim in it often, I was never a big fan of it since I didn't like going past the docks where it dropped off and the seaweed would touch your feet I just found it creepy but one day a friend caught a 5 foot pike maybe 20 feet from the swimming area and that was the day I said screw deep waters and have only swam in water where I cant see the bottom maybe handful of times since.I refuse it at all costs and if people ask me to go swimming in the lake I just make up some lie why I cant go but not only does this effect me in real life but in video games as well. There have been few cases while playing Far Cry 3 and 4 or Battlefield Hardline where a shark, piranha or alligator has attacked me and gave me a huge jump scare and refuse to go into deep waters in games now (well only ones with hostile creatures except Minecraft) and now Sharks are like the scariest creatures ever for me and watching Shark Week is like watching a horror film marathon.Anyways it's not so much the water that scares me its more the thought of not knowing what could be below me or swimming around me that freaks me out so do I have Thalassophobia or something similar to it? I tried googling it and the answer was not 100% so found this sub and thought I'd ask on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment