Friday, February 24, 2017

Is there a specific reason why you have this fear?


I grew up in Florida. Always spent time on the beach and in the ocean. When I was maybe 10-12 years old my brother and I swam to a sandbar maybe 1/4 mile out and sat for a while. The tide started to come in so we figured its time to swim back. As we are swimming I look ahead and see nothing but blackness about 10 yards in front of me. As far to the left, and as far to the right as I could see. The tide had brought in all of this dead, sticky seaweed...and we had no choice but to swim through it. The water was at least 20-30 feet deep, and the seaweed was so thick and dark it was all you could see. I remember feeling panic and claustrophobic as the seaweed tangled around my legs and torso. Not knowing what else could be lurking in the darkness below. Didn't really seem to effect my brother, now an unlit swimming pool gives me anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment