Sunday, October 30, 2016

Some thoughts on this phobia


First of all, I never thought I'd find a subreddit for one of my deepest, darkest fears. Awesome (and horrifying)! hahaI have some thoughts about thalassophobia that I'd like to share with you all (please pardon my rambling):You know how sometimes they tell you taking a cold shower is good for you? Well, whenever I've tried this and turned on the cold water in my shower, the cold water immediately makes me feel as if I am drowning, and my imagination takes over and I imagine myself in the deepest, darkest ocean with an unknown leviathan fast approaching. Has anyone experienced this, or am I just weird?Second, I feel as if I have I have a love/hate relationship with the ocean. Yes, I am deathly afraid of drowning, apparently bottomless water, being stranded miles away from shore, oceanic predators, etc., but at the same time I love the majesty of the ocean and the beauty and grace of the gentler aquatic creatures: fish, baleen whales, jellyfish, etc. Anyone else experience this paradox?Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment