Monday, April 27, 2015

Parasailing (xpost from /r/shortscarystories)


The harness fit snuggly against my hips, I grabbed the yellow grips with my clammy hands, fear and excitement making them shake unsteadily.I’d never parasailed before.As the boat took off, I rose into the air. It was absolutely breathtaking- I couldn’t steer the kite, only ride, so all I was responsible for was enjoying myself. I looked down and into the water, which was darker than before. I squinted my eyes, staring harder.A shadow rippled under the boat towing me across the ocean. My stomach flipped and nervous goosebumps spread down my arms. A whale, I reassured myself. I watched as the boat below jerkily jumped as it encountered the choppy waves ahead. I could see whatever it was under the boat moving from underneath of it to swim around it.Circling the boat, I was able to see that the size of this creature surpassed what I had originally thought, far larger than a whale.I screamed down to the boat, but my voice carried away in the wind. The boat rocked furiously underneath, and for the first time I was yanked by my tether. A tentacle emerged from the surface of the water and slapped wetly, heavily, onto the boat. I could hear the screams below as panic ensued.I watched in horror as the boat snapped in half like a toothpick, easily breaking under the weight of the large limb and dumping the crew into the water. Terrified cries for help met my ears, and I joined in as the end of the boat holding my tether was pulled under the inky blackness, and me with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment